Donal, Ryan, Jason and myself setting up drums and bass to record again due to problems we have had in the past.
Successful time setting up. All hands on deck to set up initial problems finding the track what
It was saved under but we had made a copy in my drive so we used that to lay the new tracks on.
I set up the tracks whIle Ryan took charge of routing the channels problems with the overhead mics... Signal was coming through bit no routing to the protocols program, tried to find a tetchy but none available. I decided to charge on and use what we had so far.
It turns out the channels after 9 have to be set to the B channels, school boy error.....
1 hr and 15 mins later we are almost ready to record but still having problems with getting signal...marginally got caly to come and have a look, he said we were give our selves more work with the way we had setup the channels. I don't understand this because it's already preset. Anyway, moving on, finally recording and wee jase nails his track...
We had to record the bass separate because it was spilling on to the kick drum. we got Donal record the track again and he did a good job.
Very stressful today, I feel annoyed that i couldnt solve the problem straight away due to lack of experience.
At the end of teh day the drums bass and guitar are down.
Next session is next thursday and we will be doing vocals and guitar intro and solo... need to get down to business here! i am ready.