Research proposal due on Monday
Concept development doc
1.Contextual evaluation of work of practitioners and researchers
- 4 A4 pages
- A personal narrative that is substantiated with references.
- Evidence of – contextual evaluation of work of practitioners and researchers. The emphasis in on the practice of others. Use this to demonstrate the critical evaluations and analytical skills.
- Identify the main research and practitioners in the field.
- Much more details about the people than in the lit review.
- How did they shape your project?
- Treating their work as case studies, looking at their output that has become defining in this area.
2. Critical Deconstruction of media practices.
Interesting things, which can be reviewed.
Take the examples, take them apart, discuss how they work, how doi they approach their wor
3. Reflection of these on personal practice.
How have these influenced your work?
Discuss the interactions with MiH , own concerts, the books that I have read.
Pre production document
Aware of gaps and planned them of:
Song choice for performances
How to deal with vulnerable people piggy backing on someone expertise.
Sociology that I needed to investigate
Viewing a concert with John.
-Preparation and planning
Emails to organise gigs
Nordof robbins emails
Pre production work
(page of A4)
Document that summaries the key points.
Highlights the main features of the blog.
Dissemination of the project
- One of the tasks is the dissertation.
- This will be writing to an expert audience
- The presentation will discuss what I’ve learned.
- What was the point of all the research what did it tell you.
- Reflection of what you have learned.
Recap on proposal
Images – reference them, caption under them.
Harvard ref will tell you how to reference them.
Timeline schedule not included. Develop this further.
Audience evaluation – how will I measure how the audience are understanding, how they perceive an experience. How will I understand what others think of my work? Will I t just be observations or a focus group.
Understand other experience – tell them how they are going to experience it.
- Visual sociology
- User testing and usability
There are different methods of these disciplines. Participating with observation, interviews, focus groups and usability techniques.(see blackboard for pervious and more details)
STRUCTURED INTERVIEWS - Questions and prompts each question prepared.
Unstructured interviews – does not depend on a interview schedule.
FOCUS GROUP – the interviewer acts as a facilitator for the discussion, managing the participants rather than ask a lot of questions. A schedule of prompts is required. Often used by market researchers.
TESTING YOUR WORK – seeking feedback from peers. No isolation share with the correct people for criticism.
I cant remember but the lap top was around 1150 I think? I have had it for ages… two secs!